DIY Bride - How To Make Bunting
You will need
Card, Pencil, Ruler, Pinking shears, Fabric (felt or paper), Pins, Needle and thread (or a sewing machine)
Ribbon (wider than 2 cm), Iron
1. Make a triangle template out of card to ensure all your bunting flags are the same size (we recommend 30 cm long).
2. Use the pencil to trace triangles onto your chosen fabric. Mix and match materials or colours for a quirky touch. (Make sure to rotate the template each time you draw another triangle to minimize wasted fabric.)
3. Use pinking shears (they prevent fraying) to cut the fabric triangles. Repeat until you have enough flags to stretch across your space.
4. Cut a piece of ribbon the length of the space you want to hang the bunting. Fold it in half from top to bottom. Iron to keep the fold in place.
5. Space the flags evenly along the ribbon, putting the top edges of the flags inside the fold of the ribbon. Pin in place and then sew using either a machine or secure backstitch. Leave at least 40 cm on either side to hang the bunting. (If you are using paper, simply staple the flags to the ribbon.)
6. Hang indoors or out. And get ready to party.
If you enjoyed this post, sign up for our free newsletter and click for DIY wedding ideas.